Attorney Ben Raybin Elected to NBA Board of Directors
Attorney Ben Raybin of Raybin & Weissman, Attorneys at Law, was recently elected by fellow lawyers across the city to the Nashville Bar Association’s Board of Directors. Mr. Raybin will serve a four-year term beginning in 2023. He had previously served as co-chair of the Criminal Law and Justice Committee and now looks forward to representing his peers in this new capacity.
About the Nashville Bar Association
The Nashville Bar Association (NBA) has served the legal community of Nashville, Tennessee, since 1831. It has more than 2,500 members, making it the state’s most significant metropolitan bar association. The NBA cultivates community and camaraderie among its members, functioning as a platform for attorneys to be among colleagues and friends to exchange stories and advice. A large and diverse membership brings their depth of experience and backgrounds. NBA members consist of judges, in-house counsel, law students, paralegals, educators, and attorneys in both public and private sectors from large multi-state firms, small firms, and solo practices.
There are 12 NBA officers for 2023 and 18 board directors. Each director is elected to their position by fellow bar members. Together, the Board of Directors is responsible for governing the NBA.
Governing duties include but aren’t limited to:
- Determining policies and procedures regarding the conduct of the Nashville Bar Association’s affairs
- Establishing a clear mission
- Forming a strategic plan to accomplish the mission
- Providing adequate supervision and support to the Executive Director
- Ensuring financial accountability of the NBA
- Ensuring adequate resources to achieve the NBA’s mission