Experienced Nashville personal injury and social security disability lawyer
David has devoted his practice to fighting for the rights of the injured and aggrieved, representing individuals in personal injury, social security disability and insurance/contract disputes. A battle-tested litigator, he has tried more than 100 cases to verdict. Thanks to his legal prowess, work ethic, organization and passion for his clients, he has established an exceptional track record of success.
A native of South Florida, David grew up fishing, boating, playing sports and spending entirely too much time in the sun. He attended Florida State University and graduated from the Florida State University College of Law in 1989.
David ran his own firm in South Florida for almost 20 years. During this time, he was instrumental in growing the firm from a two-attorney shop into a firm with two offices, 11 attorneys and a 50-member support staff.
In 2008, David and his family relocated to Tennessee and he was hired by John Hollins, Sr., to run the civil litigation & personal injury practice. David is honored to be a partner at a firm committed to providing clients the best representation available. He firmly believes his clients deserve nothing less.
David has become passionate about eliminating texting and driving. As a result, he along with the support of his law firm decided to offer scholarship to the student who did the most to encourage others to stop this deadly practice.
Over the course of his career, David has earned accolades that reflect his commitment to excellence. He is AV rated by Martindale Hubble (the highest rating a lawyer can achieve) and has been a longtime member of Best Lawyers in America. Additional accomplishments are listed below.
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America
- Martindale-Hubbell (Highest Rating: AV)
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Law and Leading American Attorneys
- Florida Bar Board Certified
- Selected to Tennessee Super Lawyers
Florida Worker’s Compensation Manual, Contributing Author
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Association for Justice
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee State Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- American Association for Justice
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives
- Utah State Bar Association
- Florida State Bar Association (Member, Workers’ Compensation Executive Council, 1995-2004; Workers Compensation Rules Committee, 1995-96)
- American Bar Association
- Salt Lake City Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers (Member, Membership Committee, Eagle Member)
- Florida Workers’ Advocates
- Palm Beach County Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Directors 1997-1998)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Representative Personal Injury Cases
- Dramis v. Palm Beach County School Board, 928 So.2d 346 (1st District Court of Appeals Florida 2002)(plaintiff entitled to lost wages based on testimony of doctor even though outside managed care arrangement)
- Yellow Cab v. Landin, 780 So.2d 296 (1st District Court of Appeals Florida 2001)(plaintiff entitled to disability if employer fails to provide appropriate work)
- Adjunct Professor, Florida State University College of Law, Workers Compensation, 2003, 2003 – Present
- Frequent lecturer- personal injury, workers compensation and social security disability for the Nashville Bar Association, Florida Bar Association, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers and Professional Education Specialists
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida, 1989
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court District of Utah
Overall Rating / 11 Total Testimonials
My wife and I felt that David represented us with our best interests at heart. Not only do we have respect for him as a lawyer, but also as a person and friend. He did an excellent job.
Dave and Ashley were so wonderful to work with. They helped me so much every step of the way, answering every question and calming my fears. I would highly recommend their services! I am very happy with my experience!
Mr. Weissman and his team did a great job with assisting me with my case. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need.
I had the best experience working with Dave.
Overall the services I received from Mr.Weissman was superb. It was very time consuming and I would definitely recommend him to any and everyone.
Contact David Weissman and the law firm of Raybin & Weissman for a confidential consultation of your personal injury case today at 615-256-6666.