Nashville Criminal Defense Lawyer
Have you been charged with a crime in Nashville, Tennessee? If so, you could be facing serious consequences. An experienced Nashville criminal defense attorney may be able to help you avoid a conviction.
The impact a criminal conviction can have on your life is undeniable. Not only will you face significant legal ramifications if convicted, but the negative publicity can be incredibly harmful to both you and your family, depending on what crime you’ve been accused of. Fortunately, you stand a better chance of avoiding a conviction when you work with a criminal defense attorney in Nashville.
At Raybin & Weissman, P.C., we are committed to helping those charged with crimes in Nashville clear their names and avoid the penalties associated with a conviction. Our criminal defense firm will work hard to build a case so powerful that the jury has no choice but to issue a not guilty verdict.
Charges Our Nashville Criminal Attorneys Defend Against
You could potentially be charged with countless types of crimes under Nashville and Tennessee law. We are prepared to represent you no matter what crime you’ve been arrested for. Some of the most frequent crimes our clients have been charged with include the following:
- Drug Crimes – If you’ve were in possession of, distributing, and/or manufacturing any type of controlled substance, you will likely be facing a drug crime charge upon your arrest.
- Violent Crimes – This category of crimes will include kidnapping, manslaughter, aggravated assault, domestic violence, and homicide, among others.
- DUIs – Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol causes fatal car accidents and serious accidents on a daily basis. If you’ve been charged with a DUI-related crime, you’ll likely need to retain experienced legal representation to move forward with your life.
- Sex Crimes – To be charged with a sex crime, such as rape, sexual assault, solicitation, prostitution, or indecent exposure, means you’ll be facing significant consequences if convicted.
- Burglary/Theft – You’ll be charged with theft and/or burglary if you are accused of entering someone else’s property with the intention of stealing or for actually stealing someone else’s property and/or belongings.
- White Collar Crimes – A white collar crime refers to nonviolent, financial crimes like embezzlement, money laundering, identity theft, bribery, and fraud, to name a few.
These are just a few of the different crimes that our clients have been charged with. If the crime you were arrested for in Nashville was not listed above, get in touch with our firm to determine whether our highly trained criminal defense lawyer can represent you.
Criminal Penalties in Nashville, Tennessee
The criminal penalties you’ll face if convicted will depend on which type of crime you’ve been charged with. For instance, if you are convicted of a DUI, you’ll be facing fines of up to $15,000 and a license revocation of up to eight years. Or if you are convicted of a sex crime, you could be punished with up to thirty years in prison.
Violent crime convictions, such as murder, could result in a sentence of life imprisonment or even the death penalty if you are convicted of capital murder. In any case, working with a seasoned criminal defense lawyer in Nashville will ensure that you have an exceptional legal team on your side ready to do everything possible to get you acquitted of your charges.
Building Your Defense Strategy
Obtaining the not guilty verdict you need is far easier said than done. Thankfully, the burden of proof falls on the prosecutor to establish beyond a reasonable doubt that you are guilty of the crime with which you’ve been charged.
This means it will be up to your criminal defense lawyer to put doubt in the minds of the judge and jury that you are, in fact, guilty of the crime you’ve been charged with. The prosecutor will need to prove that there is no other plausible explanation for the events that transpired.
Having a knowledgeable criminal attorney by your side will be pivotal at this point, as we’ll be able to offer the judge and jury alternative theories as to what occurred on the day in question. You can expect your criminal defense lawyer to examine the circumstances of your case in great detail to determine which defensive strategy will result in the most favorable outcome.
Your potential criminal defense will depend on which crime you’ve been arrested for. A sex crime charge, for example, will likely require that we argue that consent was given, whereas a violent crime charge may warrant a self-defense strategy.
In the event that you are facing a DUI charge in Nashville, we can argue that the results of the blood alcohol tests were invalid or inaccurate, and burglary crime defenses will often be most successful by arguing that you believed the property was yours and had no intention of committing a crime. Whether you are innocent or guilty is irrelevant for our purposes. You have the right to defend yourself to the fullest extent of the law, and the criminal defense lawyers at Raybin & Weissman, P.C. can help you do just that.
Reach Out to a Nashville Criminal Defense Lawyer
When you’re ready to regain control over your life and attempt to clear your name, schedule your free case evaluation with a highly regarded Nashville criminal defense lawyer at Raybin & Weissman, P.C. today. You can do so by filling out the brief contact form below or by giving our office a call at 615-256-6666.