Dave was extremely professional but more importantly I was treated as a person not a case. He always returned calls and emails in a very timely manner. I would definitely recommend Dave to help with legal needs! -Jennifer S.

As someone who never had a lawyer, David made everything as simple as possible. He is very easy to communicate with and provides all the answers and support you will ever need. If I ever need a lawyer again, David will be my first choice to contact. -Andrew

I was falsely accused of something and had an order filed against me. Ben represented me during court and successfully had the order dismissed. He also went above and beyond to make sure it would not show up on my record. – Brittany.

Home » Blog » Nashville car crash involving drunk driver and police officer

Nashville car crash involving drunk driver and police officer


In Nashville, Tennessee on Thursday morning, a suspected drunken driver crashed into a police car after hitting several other cars. The police were called by a woman who said she was the victim of a hit and run. When they pulled the suspect over, he backed up and hit the police cruiser. Fortunately the officer was not hurt.
While this sounds like news of the weird, from the personal injury lawyer‘s point of view, two interesting points are raised. First, if you are involved in a car accident, or any accident for that matter, get thoroughly checked out by a doctor before declaring you are not injured. Ofttimes, it takes a day or two before you become aware you are hurt. It certainly doesn’t help your case to have a premature statement that you suffered no injuries.
Second, in the case of a drunk driver, the alcohol is almost certain to be an aggravating factor. This subjects the drunk driver to a claim for punitive damages. Punitive damages in Tennessee are appropriate in the case where the defendant acts intentionally, maliciously, fraudulently, or recklessly.

“Fighting for your rights” Contact David Weissman and the law firm of Raybin & Weissman for a confidential consultation of your case today at 615-256-6666.